sakristei der minoritenkirche
A jewel in medieval Oberwesel is the ensemble of church ruin and sacristy of the former Minorite monastery of the Franciscans in the monastery garden. The ruin of the monastery church can be visited, to visit the sachristy itself one has to book a tour, if not in a group one can book as well. Summerperiod fridays seven o' clock evening, the maximum capacity is around 25 and the tours are always sold out, so book in advance! The tour guides along the former monasterial buildings and ends with the free drink of "ghostly' liquer in the former electoral wine cellar.The sacristy is special with its extraordinary and precious architectural form. Through a comprehensive restoration in 2006/07 it is restaured to its 15th century glory. Monastery garden and sacristy are now privately owned. Unusual architectural form. Column on square has richly decorated épinglé Vault. Remains of medieval floortiles, original plaster and extensive arches give a spacious impression. Only the sacristy remains of the former Minorite monastery and the ruins of the Church. 1280 Construction starts of the oldest church and monastery in Oberwesel. In 14th century the sacristy being added. Vault from 15th Century. Church and ajoining monastery destroyed by fire in 1836. Later the sacristy serves as storage space. Extensive restoration in 2006/07. The former sachristy is privately owned and just accessabble on special tours.
Copyright © 2021 All Rights Reserved 版权所有 乐道旅途网