It is the oldest half-timbered building in Rhens. Dendrochronologic research (tree-ring dating) proves that the oldest wooden parts date back to 1514, characteristic high Gothic Windows, ground floor in late-Gothic design with in 1935 reopened passage. 17th Century there was a large open room in which the bourgeoisie gathered at public events and deliberations regarding urban matters such as the election of urban- and City Council, public swearing in of new citizens, lawsuits, negotiations on the introduction of the supper to Calvinist ritual in 1618, as well as in 1629 negotiations about the restitution of the city to Archdiocese- and electorate of Cologne. In the half-timbered under the round arch hatch the year 1709 (construction year of the facade constructions). In the with slate cladded Flèche hung for long time the fire bell, , since 1972 it adorns a clock, in its interior a wooden spiral staircase (1937 renewed) which leads to the Gallery. Rich lattice held up by cross shaped reinforcements called "Wilder Mann" (wild man), smaller transverse reinforcement along the double classified façade. 1790 Converted. The building gained beauty by uncovering the half-timber and the restoration of the arcade with the pointed arches, above it the so-called "Weite Saal" (large hall) and the lean-to “enge Schöffenstübchen” (narrow Alderman room). After the formation of a Verbandsgemeinde (territorial administrative Corporation) the town hall was 1969-1971 extended by three facades built in Béton brut (plan K. and E. Schloßberger). In 1998 the old town hall was thoroughly redeveloped. The façade facing the Viehgasse combines half-timber with flared transverse reinforcements and saltires (or Saint Andrew's Cross, heraldic symbol). 1759 Border crusifix.
Copyright © 2021 All Rights Reserved 版权所有 乐道旅途网